The C4 Sport pre-workout is definitely a great value. Getting any high quality product such as this for $20 is a steal.
Cellucor always makes it a point to formulate high quality products and fully disclose everything in those products, so you know exactly what you’re putting in your body.
The taste of C4 pre-workouts is always amazing and thoroughly enjoyable before a workout or even for a boost in the middle of a long day, and the mixability is never gritty or thick.
C4 Sport contains caffeine but not too much by any means. You’ll get more caffeine from a cup of coffee than you would from a single serving of C4 Sport.
¤ Product: C4 Sport
¤ Company: Cellucor
¤ Price: $21.99 for 30 servings
¤ Purchase: www.a1supplements.com
Cellucor went the extra mile with C4 Sport and had it NSF-certified for sport to guarantee its safety for pro-athletes and everyday athletes alike.
NSF certification is trusted by the MLB, NFL, NBA, and NCAA, and is crucial to ensuring that what you’re putting into your body has held up to rigorous scrutiny and safety standards so you can get out there and only worry about beating that next goal.
C4 Sport is currently available is two flavors: Fruit Punch and Blue Razz, however being such a new product I’m sure new flavors will be released in the future.
Ingredients in Cellucor C4 Sport Pre-Workout
Cellucor includes 2 special blends in the formula for C4 Sport: Performance Blend and Energy Blend.
The performance blend contains creatine monohydrate, beta alanine, arginine AKG, disodium phosphate, magnesium chloride and dipotassium phosphate.
The energy blend contains the widely used amino acid taurine, caffeine anhydrous, paridoxal-5-phosphate and methylcobalamin.
• Vitamin B6 (35 mcg)
· Vitamin B6 is involved in more than 100 biological processes in the body, mostly related to the metabolism of food and the production of hormones. Some examples include stimulating co-enzymatic activities, protecting the immune system, and having positive effects on metabolism, premenstrual syndrome and the list goes on.
• Vitamin B12 (35 mcg)
· Vitamin B12, like all the other B vitamins, is involved in the processes associated with converting the food you eat into the energy you use, which makes for an excellent metabolic booster. Vitamin B12 helps breakdown fatty acids within the body, therefore promoting the amount of energy produced from said fatty acids.
• Calcium (22 mg)
· Calcium plays a very important role in regulating appropriate functioning of the body muscles such as muscle relaxation and muscle contraction, and is important for the appropriate functioning of various body enzymes related to the regulation of digestion, metabolism, energy generation also significantly involves calcium.
• Magnesium (12 mg)
· Magnesium is one of the seven essential macrominerals that need to be consumed in relatively large amounts – at least 100 milligrams per day. Magnesium plays an important role in over 300 enzymatic reactions in the body including the metabolism of food, synthesis of fatty acids and proteins, and the transmission of nerve impulses.
• Sodium (60 mg)
· Sodium is vital component of nerves as it stimulates muscle contraction. Sodium also helps to keep calcium and other minerals soluble in the blood, as well as stimulating the adrenal glands. Sodium aids in preventing heat prostration or sunstroke, but on the other hand high sodium levels can cause high blood pressure.
• Potassium (20 mg)
· Potassium is an essential dietary mineral and electrolyte that regulates the balance of fluids in the body. It is involved in nerve function, muscle control and blood pressure. Potassium is an essential health nutrient that is good for lowering blood pressure, increasing bone-beneficial calcium and reducing the risk of stroke.
Performance Blend (4.9 g)
• Micronized Creatine Monohydrate
· Micronized creatine monohydrate is a commercially manufactured form of creatine that consists of very fine creatine particles. The smaller creatine particles, the faster they are absorbed, which may act more effectively in your body than other forms of creatine supplements. All forms of manufactured creatine may have side effects, including water retention, mood changes and energy loss after you stop taking the supplement.
· Beta-alanine has been proven to promote lean muscle mass, strength, power, and endurance, while at the same time reducing how quickly your muscles become fatigued — resulting in longer workouts with a much greater level of intensity. It increases intracellular carnosine levels for shuttling of lactic acid and prevents an further accumulation.
• Arginine Alpha Ketoglutarate
· Arginine Alpha Ketoglutarate (AAKG) may boost athletic performance according to two small studies. Researchers found that supplementing with AAKG increased arginine levels and beneficially influenced peak power output on wingate and bench press tests. Both of these are anaerobic exercises, which refers to short-duration, high-intensity movements common in nonendurance sports such as bodybuilding and sprinting.
• Sodium Citrate
· Sodium Citrate is a medication commonly used to make the urine less acidic. Urine that is less acidic helps the kidney get rid of uric acid, helping to prevent certain types of kidney stones. Citric acid and citrate salts belong to a class of drugs known as urinary alkalinizers, and because some conditions require you to limit your intake of potassium and sodium, it’s imperative that you discuss this with your doctor before taking any chances.
• Magnesium Chloride
· Magnesium chloride is a naturally occurring inorganic compound that’s composed of one magnesium and two chloride ions. Magnesium chloride supplements contain only 12 percent elemental magnesium, which may seem low compared to other forms of this mineral, such as magnesium oxide and magnesium citrate.
• Dipotassium Phosphate
· Dipotassium phosphate as a food additive is most likely safe when consumed in moderate amounts. You should be cautious, however, if you have kidney problems or are taking it as a pre-workout supplement.
Energy Blend (1.135 g)
· Taurine is a type of amino acid found throughout the body, but is particularly concentrated in the brain, eyes, heart and muscles. Unlike many other amino acids, it is not used to build proteins in the body, rather it is classified as a “conditionally essential” amino acid. Your body can produce some amount of taurine, as well as being found in some foods.
• Caffeine Anhydrous (135 mg)
· Caffeine anhydrous is a well-studied stimulant that works to stimulate the central nervous system causing it to send signals to break down body fat, but it also increases epinephrine levels in the blood. This is the “fight or flight” hormone, designed to make our bodies ready for intense physical exertion, while also causing the fat cells to break down body fat, releasing them into the blood as free fatty acids and making them available as fuel.
· Pyridoxal-5-phosphate is the free form of vitamin B6 and is named after its structural similarity to pyridine. Pyridoxal-5-phosphate is the most biologically active form of the well known vitamin B6. Vitamin B6 is one of many essential nutrients required by humans for it’s specific biochemical functions that generally involves being used as a cofactor in the metabolism of amino acids, glucose and lipids.
· Methylcobalamin is the pure form of vitamin B12 and the name originated from the combination of “cobalt” and “vitamin,” reflecting the presence of a cobalt atom in vitamin B12 molecules. Vitamin B12 can’t be synthesized in the laboratory and can only be produced through the fermentation of bacteria. Processes such as this typically yield hydroxocobalamin, which the body must convert into usable forms of vitamin B12.
Cellucor C4 Sport Side Effects
C4 Sport side effects are imminent due to the inclusion of beta alanine. It’s common for individuals to experience a harmless tingling sensation. This discomfort is short lived and should fade within 10 minutes of feeling the effects.
Cellucor also included a decent amount of caffeine in their C4 Sport pre-workout. If you have a high sensitivity to stimulants, this could turn into an issue. If you lack experience using pre-workouts, I strongly recommend that you talk it over with your doctor before you decide to purchase C4 Sport.
Over-stimulation won’t put you at risk of experiencing any life-threatening side effects but it is uncomfortable and unnecessary. If you have any concerns regarding your ability to use this product safely, don’t use it.
Warnings and Usage Directions
Directions: Take one serving, or 1 scoop of C4 Sport pre-workout powder, mix with 6-8 fluid ounces of water and drink approximately 30 minutes before your workout session. It is very important that you stay hydrated during your workout. In fact, Cellucor strongly suggests you drink plenty of water throughout your day to ensure your body properly filters out wastes.
Warnings: THIS PRODUCT IS ONLY INTENDED TO BE CONSUMED BY HEALTHY ADULTS, 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER. Do not use this product if you are pregnant, nursing, or are currently taking nitrates for chest pain or if you are taking medication used to treat erectile dysfunction such as PDE-5 inhibitors. Before using this product, consult a licensed, qualified, health care professional, including but not limited to, if: you are taking antidepressants such as a MAOI (Monoamine Oxidase Inhibitor) or SSRI, blood thinners, nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, pseudoephedrine, or you are taking any other dietary supplement, prescription drug or over-the-counter medication; or if, you suspect you have or have been treated for, diagnosed with or have a family history of, any medical condition, including but not limited to: high or low blood pressure, diabetes, glaucoma, anxiety, cardiovascular, psychiatric or seizure disorders, cardiac arrhythmia, stroke, heart, liver, kidney or thyroid disease, or difficulty urinating due to prostate enlargement. This product contains caffeine and should not be used by individuals wishing to eliminate caffeine from their diet or in combination with caffeine or stimulants from other sources, including but not limited to, coffee, tea, soda, or other dietary supplements and medications. Discontinue use 2 weeks prior to surgery. Immediately discontinue use and contact a medical doctor if you experience any adverse reaction to this product. Do not use if safety seal is broken or missing. Store in a cool dry place. KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.